Traffic Ticket Options for Clay County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Clay County Roadway Safety
Clay County is a mixed suburban/rural county located in Northeast Florida bordering the St. Johns River on the east and the City of Jacksonville/Duval County on the north.
No doubt, you are frustrated and angry about receiving a ticket in Clay County but consider this:
- More than half of the almost 195,000 Clay County residents work in another county with most commuting to Jacksonville. A study by the NE Florida Regional Transportation Study Commission showed that Clay residents have the second worst commute in Florida.
- The average commute time of 31 minutes is even worse than the average time of 29 minutes in Miami-Dade County.
- The major commuting route along Blanding Blvd. leads into two of the most dangerous intersections in Jacksonville just across the Clay County Line.
- The traffic situation in every category but one has worsened between 2011 and 2012 in Clay County with a significantly higher number of crashes.
- The minor reduction in traffic deaths in Clay County may be due more to improved crashworthiness in cars than safer drivers.
Can you imagine how much worse the driving situation would be like in Clay County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Clay County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||1,393||1,909||+37.04%||1,662|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||7||10||+42.86%||7|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||62||66||+6.45%||65|
Directions to Clay County Clerk of the Court: