Hollywood Traffic School
With a population of almost 141,000, Hollywood is the twelfth largest city in Florida. However, combined with Miami-Dade and Palm Beach, the entire metro area has a total population of more than 5.8 million, making it the 8th largest metro area in the US.
You are probably angry and upset after receiving a traffic ticket in Hollywood but consider the traffic situation here:
- In 2012, the City of Hollywood recorded 3,088 traffic crashes with 86 of those crashes being alcohol related.
- Hollywood's many rivers and canals force most traffic onto a few congested, major roadways.
- Interstate 95 travels through Hollywood carrying up to 287,000 vehicles per day. Based on the number of fatal crashes per mile, that portion of I-95 within Florida's borders is considered to be the deadliest highway in the US
- In addition to the permanent population, Broward County hosted 12 million tourists in 2012.
- Of those tourists, 2.8 million were international tourists who may never have driven in the US before.
- In every category but one, the traffic situation in Broward County has gotten worse rather than better.
Can you imagine what the driving situation would be like in Hollywood if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Broward County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||23,197||31,151||+34.29%||27,446|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||46||37||-19.57%||41|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||533||595||+11.63%||595|
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Directions to Broward County Clerk of the Court: