Florida CDL Handbook: Transporting Passengers Safely
4. Transporting Passengers Safely
- 4.1. Vehicle Inspection
- 4.2. Loading and Trip Start
- 4.3. On the Road
- 4.4. After-trip Vehicle Inspection
- 4.5. Prohibited Practices
- 4.6. Use of Brake-door Interlocks
This Section Covers
- Vehicle Inspection
- On the Road
- After-trip Vehicle Inspection
- Prohibited Practices
- Use of Brake-door Interlocks
Bus drivers must have a commercial driver license if they drive a vehicle designed to seat more than 16 or more persons, including the driver.
Bus drivers must have a passenger endorsement on their commercial driver license. To get the endorsement you must pass a knowledge test on Sections 2 and 4 of this manual. (If your bus has air brakes, you must also pass a knowledge test on Section 5.) You must also pass the skills tests required for the class of vehicle you drive.