Florida CDL Handbook: Prohibited Practices
4. Transporting Passengers Safely
- 4.1. Vehicle Inspection
- 4.2. Loading and Trip Start
- 4.3. On the Road
- 4.4. After-trip Vehicle Inspection
- 4.5. Prohibited Practices
- 4.6. Use of Brake-door Interlocks
Avoid fueling your bus with riders on board unless absolutely necessary. Never refuel in a closed building with riders on board.
Don't talk with riders, or engage in any other distracting activity, while driving.
Do not tow or push a disabled bus with riders aboard the vehicle, unless getting off would be unsafe. Only tow or push the bus to the nearest safe spot to discharge passengers. Follow your employer's guidelines on towing or pushing disabled buses.