Florida Driver Handbook: Lane SignalsOrder now
9. Signals, Signs and Pavement Markings
- 9.1. Traffic Control Signals
- 9.2. Pedestrian Signals
- 9.3. Lane Signals
- 9.4. Ramp Signals
- 9.5. Traffic Signs
- 9.6. Pavement Markings
Lane signals are used:
- When the direction of the flow of traffic changes during the day.
- To show that a toll booth is open or closed.
- To show which lanes are opened or closed.
You must never drive in a lane under a red X. A yellow X means that your lane signal is going to change to red. Prepare to leave the lane safely. You may drive in lanes beneath the green arrow, but you must also obey all other signs and signals.