What are your options if you receive a ticket in Florida?
- Plead guilty and pay the fine - If you choose this option;
- The state will assess points against your driving record - accumulating enough points within a certain time period will lead to suspension of your license.
- Your insurance company may raise your rates or even cancel your policy
- Hire a lawyer and try to fight the ticket in court. By choosing this option;
- There is no guarantee that you will win your case.
- You may still face fines, points, and increased insurance rates.
- Regardless of the outcome, you will still have to pay the lawyer.
- Pay the fine and attend a traffic school. What are the benefits of choosing this option?
- By completing traffic school, adjudication is withheld and no points will be assessed against your traffic record.
- With certain exceptions,** your insurance company is prohibited by state law from raising your insurance rates or canceling your policy.
- If you were designated as a "Safe Driver" on your license, your safe driver status will be maintained giving you a longer period between license renewals.
- Traffic school costs far less than hiring a lawyer.
- You may now take the course online, at home, and on your own schedule.
**Your rates may be increased if you were at fault in a traffic crash.