Traffic Ticket Options for Bay County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Bay County Roadway Safety
Bay County is located on Florida's Gulf Coast and includes the beach resort city of Panama City Beach and Tyndall Air Force Base. It has a population of approximately 172,000.
Although you may be angry and frustrated about having gotten a traffic ticket in Bay County, consider this:
- Each year, nearly 500,000 students descend on Bay County for spring break. Spring breakers outnumber the local population by 42 to 1.
- According to the Bay County Tourist Development Council (TDC), there were 2.6 million travel parties that visited Bay County in 2012.
- With the increase in tourist population, the number of traffic and alcohol related incidents rises dramatically.
Compared to Hernando County Florida (a county with a slightly higher population) Bay County's crash statistics are higher in every category:
- 8.37% more crashes
- 64.6% more fatalities
- 22.4% more injuries
- 163.6% more alcohol related crashes
- 233.3% more alcohol related fatalities
- 109.7% more alcohol related injuries
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be like if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
According to the statistics below, overall, Bay County's traffic problems are becoming worse rather than better.
|Bay County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||3,044||3,281||+7.79%||3,192|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||13||20||+53.85%||14|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||153||151||-1.31%||153|
Bay County Clerk of the Court:
Directions to Bay County Clerk of the Court: