Traffic Ticket Options for Broward County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Broward County Roadway Safety
Broward County is located on the Southeast Atlantic Coast of Florida. It has a population of 1,815,137 people. The largest city is Fort Lauderdale. More than half of the county's land area is comprised of the Everglades Wildlife Management Area. The primary industry in Broward County is tourism.
If you have received a traffic ticket in this county, consider the facts below before getting frustrated.
- In 2012, an average of one million tourists per month were added to the population of Broward County.
- Of those tourists, 2.8 million were international tourists who may never have driven in the US before.
- With the sparsely populated Everglades making up more than half of the county's land area, most of the county's almost two million people are crowded to within 20 miles of the coast.
- Both Interstate 95 and 75 travel through Broward County. Based on the number of fatal crashes per mile, that portion of I-95 within Florida's borders is considered to be the deadliest highway in the US and I-75 (within Florida's border) is listed as the 15th deadliest highway in the US.
- The intersection of Flamingo Rd. and Pines Blvd. was listed in a 2001 State Farm Insurance survey as the most dangerous intersection in America.
- In every category but one, the traffic situation in Broward County has gotten worse rather than better.
- The modest reduction in alcohol related fatalities may be due more to improved crashworthiness in cars rather than a safer driving situation.
Can you imagine what the driving situation would be like in Broward County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Broward County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||23,197||31,151||+34.29%||27,446|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||46||37||-19.57%||41|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||533||595||+11.63%||595|
Directions to Broward County Clerk of the Court: