Traffic Ticket Options for Hernando County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Hernando County Roadway Safety
Hernando County is located in South-Central Florida north of Tampa and bordering on the Gulf Coast. The largest city is Spring Hill. Out of 67 Florida counties, Hernando County is 27th in terms of population and the 54th largest in land area.
No doubt you are probably pretty upset if you received a ticket in Hernando County but consider this:
- The number of traffic crashes are on the rise in Hernando County.
- Many residents, especially in eastern Hernando County, commute to the Tampa area for work and that creates rush hour traffic jams on US-19 and the Suncoast Parkway.
- Interstate-75 runs through Hernando County. I-75, within the border of Florida, is considered to be the 15th most deadly highway in the US, based on the number of fatalities per mile.
- Much of Hernando County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011.
How bad would the traffic situation be in Hernando County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Hernando County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||1,841||1,995||+8.37%||1,756|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||6||6||0.00%||6|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||95||72||-24.21%||70|
Hernando County Clerk of the Court:
Directions to Hernando County Clerk of the Court: