Traffic Ticket Options for Lake County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Lake County Roadway Safety
Lake County is located in the heart of Florida just northwest of the Orlando area. The largest city is Clermont and county seat is Tavares. Out of 67 Florida counties, Lake County stands 18th in population and 17th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Lake County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- All of the natural lakes and its proximity to Orlando make Lake County an ideal tourist destination for both families and sport fishing enthusiasts; with tourists, comes more traffic.
- The number of traffic crashes and injuries are on the rise in Lake County.
- The Florida Turnpike runs through the heart of Lake County.
- Most of Lake County is rural with mostly two-lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011.
How bad would the traffic situation be in Lake County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Lake County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||2,431||3,012||+23.90%||2,713|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||19||13||-31.58%||16|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||98||121||+23.47%||114|
Lake County Clerk of the Court: