Traffic Ticket Options for Leon County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Leon County Roadway Safety
Leon County is located in the Florida Panhandle. The largest city and county seat is also Florida's capital, Tallahassee. Out of 67 Florida counties, Leon County stands 22nd in population and 45th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Leon County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- As Florida's capital, Leon County has a lot of visitors on government business.
- With two large universities, there is a large population of young drivers away from home for the first time.
- Most of Leon County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011
- The number of traffic crashes and injuries are on the rise in Leon County.
- The County is split by I-10. The portion of I-10 within Florida's border (based on the number of fatal crashes per mile) is considered to be the 57th deadliest highway in the US.
- Traffic incidents are on the rise in almost all categories in Leon County.
How bad would the traffic situation be in Leon County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Leon County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||4,927||5,533||+12.30%||5,240|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||10||16||+60.00%||11|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||141||156||+10.64%||145|
Directions to Leon County Clerk of the Court: