Traffic Ticket Options for Marion County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Marion County Roadway Safety
Marion County is located in the north central part of Florida between Gainesville and Orlando. The largest city and county seat is Ocala. Out of 67 Florida counties, Marion County stands 15th in population and 6th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Marion County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- Although it is s a largely rural county, Marion County sees large numbers of tourists each year to the visit Silver Springs and to fish in the numerous lakes in the Ocala National Forest.
- The County is split by I-75. The portion of I-75 within Florida's border (based on the number of fatal crashes per mile) is considered to be the 15th deadliest highway in the US.
- Most of Marion County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011
- Traffic incidents in almost all categories are on the rise in Marion County.
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be in Marion County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Marion County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||3,790||4,422||+16.68%||4,022|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||17||19||+11.76%||21|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||127||124||-2.36%||126|
Directions to Marion County Clerk of the Court: