Traffic Ticket Options for Martin County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Martin County Roadway Safety
Martin County is located on the South East Atlantic Coast of Florida. The county's western border is on Lake Okeechobee. The largest city is Palm City and county seat is Stuart. Out of 67 Florida counties, Martin County stands 31st in population and 40th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Martin County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- Although it is a largely rural county, millions of tourists pour into the county each year for both the beaches of the Atlantic Coast and the fishing and recreation on Lake Okeechobee.
- Most of Martin County's population lives in the narrow area between I-75 and the ocean. That type of population density makes for crowded highways and roads.
- The County is split by I-95. The portion of I-95 within Florida's border (based on the number of fatal crashes per mile) is considered to be the deadliest highway in the US.
- Most of Martin County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011
- Traffic incidents in all categories are on the rise in Martin County.
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be in Martin County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Martin County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||1,202||1,617||+34.53%||1,456|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||12||12||0.00%||11|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||70||84||+20.00%||72|
Martin County Clerk of the Court:
Directions to Martin County Clerk of the Court: