Traffic Ticket Options for Nassau County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Nassau County Roadway Safety
Nassau County is the northernmost county on the Florida East Coast with its northern border on the St. Mary's River, the border between Florida and Georgia. The largest city is Yulee and the county seat is Fernandina Beach. Out of 67 Florida counties, Nassau County stands 38th in population and 42nd in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Nassau County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- More than 51,000 vehicles per day travel through Nassau County on I-95 at the Florida-Georgia border.
- The County is split by I-95. The portion of I-95 within Florida's border (based on the number of fatal crashes per mile) is considered to be the deadliest highway in the US.
- Most of Nassau County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011
- While the overall number of fatalities has gone down, the total number of crashes and injuries are on the rise in Nassau County.
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be in Nassau County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Nassau County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||421||633||+50.36%||563|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||6||4||-33.33%||5|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||23||29||+26.09%||25|
Nassau County Clerk of the Court:
Directions to Nassau County Clerk of the Court: