Traffic Ticket Options for Polk County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Polk County Roadway Safety
Polk County is located in central Florida between Orlando and the Tampa Bay area. The largest city is Lakeland and the county seat is Bartow. Out of 67 Florida counties, Polk County stands 9th in population and 5th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Polk County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- Even though Polk County is mostly rural, more than half a million people live in the county.
- Polk County is split by I-4, the main tourist thoroughfare between Orlando and Tampa Bay. Based on the number of traffic fatalities per mile, I-4 is considered to be the 3rd deadliest highway in the US.
- Most of Polk County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011.
- The number of traffic crashes and injuries is on the rise in Polk County.
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be in Polk County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Polk County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||5,133||6,624||+29.05%||5,908|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||30||20||-33.33%||26|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||203||186||-8.37%||194|
Polk County Clerk of the Court: