Traffic Ticket Options for Sumter County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Sumter County Roadway Safety
Sumter County is located in north-central Florida between Ocala and Orlando. The largest city is Port Sumter and the county seat is Fort Pierce. Out of 67 Florida counties, Sumter County stands 34th in population and 56th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Sumter County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- Florida hosts almost 90 million tourists per year with many of them traveling through Sumter County.
- Interstate-75 runs through Sumter County carrying up to 59,000 vehicles per day. Based on the number of fatalities per mile, I-75, within Florida's border is considered the 15th deadliest highway in the US.
- Most of Sumter County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011
- The number of traffic incidents has decreased overall in Sumter County but more work still needs to be done.
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be in Sumter County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Sumter County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||716||579||-19.13%||692|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||6||4||-33.33%||5|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||23||21||-8.70%||27|
Sumter County Clerk of the Court:
Directions to Sumter County Clerk of the Court: