Traffic Ticket Options for Volusia County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Volusia County Roadway Safety
Volusia County is located on the central Atlantic Coast of Florida between Jacksonville and the Space Coast. The largest city is Deltona and the county seat is Deland. Out of 67 Florida counties, Volusia County stands 11th in population and 9th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Volusia County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- With 47 miles of beaches and the Daytona International Speedway, Volusia County hosts up to eight million visitors a year.
- Most of Florida's almost 90 million tourists who drive will pass through Volusia County on their way to Orlando or South Florida.
- Both I-95 and I-4 pass through Volusia County carrying up to 74,000 vehicles per day. Based on the number of fatalities per mile, I-95 and I-4 within Florida's borders are considered to be the 1st and 3rd deadliest highways in the US respectively.
- The central part of Volusia County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011.
- The number of traffic incidents in in every category is on the rise in Volusia County.
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be in Volusia County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Volusia County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||5,248||6,542||+24.66%||6,015|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||29||33||+13.79%||31|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||239||253||+5.86%||267|
Volusia County Clerk of the Court:
Directions to Volusia County Clerk of the Court: