Traffic Ticket Options for Walton County
To start your traffic school course, choose a course format below. All courses cover the same material and take the same amount of time to complete.
Information About Walton County Roadway Safety
Walton County is located in the Florida Panhandle and stretches from the Gulf Coast to the Alabama border. The largest city and county seat is DeFuniak Springs. Out of 67 Florida counties, Walton County stands 41st in population and 13th in terms of land area.
If you have received a ticket in Walton County you are probably pretty angry and upset but consider this:
- Walton County's population of almost 57,000 is increasing and the permanent population is increased by millions of tourists per year; many of whom drive or rent cars once they arrive.
- Interstate 10 travels through Walton County carrying more than 19,000 vehicles per day. Based on the number of traffic fatalities per mile, I-10, within the border of Florida, is considered to be the 57th deadliest highway in the US.
- Most of Walton County is rural with mostly two lane country roads. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) has found that two-lane country roads are the most dangerous highways in America.
- According to NHTSA, only 19% of the US population lives in rural areas but rural traffic fatalities accounted for 55% of the total fatalities in 2011.
- The number of traffic crashes and injuries are on the rise in Walton County.
Can you imagine what the traffic situation would be in Walton County if the traffic rules weren't enforced?
|Walton County Crash Stats||2011||2012||Percent Change||3-Year Avg.|
|Total Number of Motor Vehicle Crashes||700||909||+29.86%||750|
|Alcohol Related Fatalities||11||5||-54.55%||8|
|Alcohol Related Injuries||46||50||+8.70%||48|
Walton County Clerk of the Court:
Directions to Walton County Clerk of the Court: