Florida Driver Handbook: Equipment Not PermittedOrder now
7. Vehicle Equipment
- 7.1. Equipment Standards
- 7.2. Other Equipment Standards
- 7.3. Equipment Not Permitted
- 7.4. Additional Equipment Required on Certain Vehicles
- 7.5. Limitations on Towing
- 7.6. Limitations on Loading; Securing the Load
- 7.7. Projecting Load
- 7.8. Anti-Locking Brake System (ABS)
- 7.9. Emissions - Please Do Not Tamper
- 7.10. Vehicle Licensing
- 7.11. Proving Ownership and Insurance Coverage
- 7.12. Applying For Title, License Plates and Registration
You may not have on or in your vehicle:
- Red or blue emergency lights. These are for emergency and law enforcement vehicles only.
- A siren, bell or whistle.
- A very loud muffler or one that lets out smoke.
- Signs, posters or stickers on the windshield or windows (except those required by law).
- A television which the driver can see.
- More than two spotlights, cowl or fender lights, fog lights (in front), or other extra lights (in front).
- Headsets worn by driver while operating a vehicle.