Florida Driver Handbook: Limitations on TowingOrder now
7. Vehicle Equipment
- 7.1. Equipment Standards
- 7.2. Other Equipment Standards
- 7.3. Equipment Not Permitted
- 7.4. Additional Equipment Required on Certain Vehicles
- 7.5. Limitations on Towing
- 7.6. Limitations on Loading; Securing the Load
- 7.7. Projecting Load
- 7.8. Anti-Locking Brake System (ABS)
- 7.9. Emissions - Please Do Not Tamper
- 7.10. Vehicle Licensing
- 7.11. Proving Ownership and Insurance Coverage
- 7.12. Applying For Title, License Plates and Registration
The following rules apply to the drawbar or towing connection:
- It must be strong enough to pull all towed weight.
- It must not be more than 15 feet long unless you are towing poles, pipes, machinery, or other objects that cannot be easily taken apart.
- If a chain, rope, or cable is used as the towing connection, you must have a white flag at least 12 inches square attached to it.
Here are some merchant reviews from past customers sharing their overall shopping experience.