Florida Driver Handbook: Traffic Law Substance Abuse EducationOrder now
2. The Florida Driver License
- 2.1. Definitions
- 2.2. Who Needs a Florida License?
- 2.3. Who Does Not Need a Florida License?
- 2.4. Florida Classified Driver Licenses
- 2.5. Identification Requirements
- 2.6. Parent's Consent for Minors
- 2.7. Traffic Law Substance Abuse Education
- 2.8. Testing
- 2.9. Physical and Mental Requirements
- 2.10. Restriction and Endorsement Codes on Florida Licenses
- 2.11. Selective Service
- 2.12. Sexual Offenders and Sexual Predators
- 2.13. Career Offender
- 2.14. Voluntary Contributions
If you have never held a regular driver license in any state, country, or jurisdiction, you must complete a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course before applying for a Learner's license in the state of Florida. Additional information about the Traffic Law Substance Abuse Education course can be found in section 8.1.