Florida Driver Handbook: License ReplacementOrder now
3. Obtaining Your License/ID Card
- 3.1. Learner's Driver License
- 3.2. Class E License
- 3.3. License Renewal
- 3.4. License Replacement
- 3.5. Motorcycle Only License
- 3.6. Motorcycle Also License
- 3.7. Identification Cards
- 3.8. Change of Address
- 3.9. Name Changes
- 3.10. Non-Immigrants
- 3.11. Veterans
If your driver license or identification card is lost or stolen, apply for a replacement immediately. A replacement can be obtained in a field issuance office or using a convenience method on our website at www.GoRenew.com. The replacement license fee is $25.00.
If the card was stolen and you provide a copy of the police report, the replacement fee is waived as long as you are not making any changes to the card. When changes are made to the card, the $25.00 replacement fee is charged.
3.4.1 - Replacement Issuance Requirements
- If you have changed your address, you will need to provide two approved proof of address documents with your new address. See section 2.5 and section 3.8
- If your name has changed you will need to provide approved documents establishing your new name. See section 3.9
Primary identification, proof of social security number and two proofs of residential address are required if you have not been issued a Florida driver license or identification card in a field office since January 1, 2010. See section 2 for identification requirements, acceptable proof of social security and acceptable proof of residential address. Non-Immigrants may have additional requirements. See Non-Immigrant section 3.10.
Any non-immigrant holding a driver license or identification card who needs a renewal or replacement driver license or identification card must apply in person. See section 3.10.