Florida Driver Handbook: Name ChangesOrder now
3. Obtaining Your License/ID Card
- 3.1. Learner's Driver License
- 3.2. Class E License
- 3.3. License Renewal
- 3.4. License Replacement
- 3.5. Motorcycle Only License
- 3.6. Motorcycle Also License
- 3.7. Identification Cards
- 3.8. Change of Address
- 3.9. Name Changes
- 3.10. Non-Immigrants
- 3.11. Veterans
If your name has changed and you would like your name to appear on the Florida driver license or identification card differently than it appears on your primary identification, you will need:
- To present original or certified copy of a government issued marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order as a name change document(s).
- Have your name changed on your social security card.
Immigrants and Non-Immigrants:
- You must have your name changed on your United States Citizenship and Immigration Services documents before you can change your name on your Florida driver license or identification card.
- You must have your name changed on your Canadian passport before applying for a name change on your driver license or identification card.