Florida Driver Handbook: Change of AddressOrder now
3. Obtaining Your License/ID Card
- 3.1. Learner's Driver License
- 3.2. Class E License
- 3.3. License Renewal
- 3.4. License Replacement
- 3.5. Motorcycle Only License
- 3.6. Motorcycle Also License
- 3.7. Identification Cards
- 3.8. Change of Address
- 3.9. Name Changes
- 3.10. Non-Immigrants
- 3.11. Veterans
You must obtain a new license within 10 days of any change to your mailing or residential address. You may change the address on your driver license or identification card by:
- Mail: be sure to include your complete name, new address, driver license number, and date of birth. Mail to Division of Motorist Services, Post Office Box 5775, Tallahassee, Florida 32314-5775. Include a $25 check or money order payable to DHSMV. You will receive the appropriate corrections by mail. Please allow 30 days for processing.
- Visiting your local Motorist Services office or Tax Collector licensing agent. There is a $25 license fee.
- Internet at: www.gorenew.com. There is a $25 license fee.
- After your request is processed, you will receive a new license. Florida law requires that you destroy your old driver license after receiving the new license.
Non-immigrants will need to go to a driver license office or Tax Collector licensing agent to change the address on a driver license or identification card.
If you fail to report a change of address you may not receive your motor vehicle registration renewal or your drivers license renewal.
If you are pulled over by law enforcement and the address on your driver license is incorrect, you may receive a citation.
Here are some merchant reviews from past customers sharing their overall shopping experience.