Florida Driver Handbook: Mandatory Restriction for MinorsOrder now
4. Driving Privilege
- 4.1. Driving a Motor Vehicle in Florida is a Privilege You Earn
- 4.2. Point System
- 4.3. Red Light Cameras/Infractions
- 4.4. Mandatory Restriction for Minors
- 4.5. Zero Tolerance
- 4.6. Driving While Under the Influence
- 4.7. Other Serious Violations of the License Law
- 4.8. Administrative Hearings
- 4.9. Florida Motor Vehicle Insurance Laws
- 4.10. Traffic Crashes
- 4.11. Littering
- 4.12. Road Damage
Any driver under the age of 18 who accumulates six or more points within a 12 month period is automatically restricted for one year to driving for "Business Purposes ONLY". If additional points are accumulated the restriction is extended for 90 days for every additional point received.
4.4.1 - Time Restrictions
A licensed driver (Class E or higher) who is under the age of 17 may not operate a motor vehicle between 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., unless accompanied by a driver who is 21 years of age or older and holds a valid driver license (Class E or higher), or the operator is driving to or from work. A licensed driver (Class E or higher) who is 17 years of age may not operate a motor vehicle between 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m., unless accompanied by a driver who is 21 years of age or older and holds a valid driver license (Class E or higher), or the operator is driving to and from work.
Check out our Customer Reviews!